Join a cheery band of folks just like you desiring to learn more about cohousing! How does this innovative community model really work?
Each year, Mid Atlantic Cohousing sponsors a tour of several of its member communities. The tour gives you an opportunity to learn more about cohousing firsthand. You will visit a variety of cohousing types — rural, suburban and urban, small and very large, with differing types of governance, decision-making and workshare systems — but all with the common theme of people living in community and being good neighbors. A day like this is the fastest way to learn about cohousing up close and personal. The cohousing communities you will visit are also some of the “greenest” communities in the country including the first LEED certified silver community of privately owned homes in the U.S.
A tour guide accompanies the group for the entire day. And, at each community participants are greeted by a host who guides the group around the neighborhood. Q&A highly encouraged!
There are only 30 seats on the bus. This highly anticipated tour sells out fast. For details on the activities for the day and to register, go to the MAC website. Don’t miss the early bird discount!
See you on the bus or at one of the communities!
- Cohousing: What’s So UU About It … REALLY? (cohousingblog.com)
- Cohousing Quick Facts Series: Cohousing is Financially Stable and Predictable (cohousingblog.com)
- Monday Morning Facts Series: Cohousing & Childcare (cohousingblog.com)
- New York Times – Cohousing Working Its Way Into Mainstream (cohousingblog.com)
- Are Cohousing Communities “Happy?” (cohousingblog.com)